Thursday, July 12, 2007

Pathways To Learning




I have friends who have been encouraging me to write a BLOG… So I asked myself what is a BLOG? In my pursuit to understand this I checked in my Oxford Advanced Learners dictionary only to find it not listed, so I mustered up the courage to google the darn thing on the internet… What is the meaning of this BLOG…thingy?

According to the website www.bytowninternet.com/glossary, a Blog is short for weblog. “A weblog is a journal (or newsletter) that is frequently updated and intended for general public consumption. Blogs generally represent the personality of the author or the Web site”.

Thanks to my Google button and 'by town internet com’s' glossary for helping me to understand this…now, I can move forward.

To be clear and up front, I am not a writer, perhaps we can call this my pathway to learning. Why not, it's all about the journey...then…let the journey begin!

I will start with a quote from Ted Turner
"Do something. Either lead, follow, or get out of the way."
To which I say the challenge has been accepted, onward and upward...

No comments: