Monday, July 16, 2007

Blueberries



This morning I was sitting on my front steps taking note of all the amazing happenings in the garden. During this time, I watched a hummingbird drink from its delicious nectar laden flowers as I munched on freshly picked blueberries and raspberries from our garden. My little friend stopped for a moment and perched on the stem of the flower, for a brief moment, I thought even birds take time to smell the flowers, or might it be...what can I eat next?

The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion

2 comments:

Candygirlflies said...

The question I have is... do YOU look around and think "What can I eat next??!"

Bee-yoo-tee-ful garden!!

Traveller said...

My garden is that never ending journey, always something new to be consumed, either in the gastronomic sense or brain candy… however, I have drawn the line at the (Yang Tao) the Chinese gooseberry or better known as Chenisis Kiwi. My plants were planted in 1983 from seeds of a Kiwi fruit I had taken home from a friend’s party. I dried the seeds and planted them a few weeks later my experiment led me into germinating 99 plants. I have given many of these plants to strangers who stop to talk about the value of gardening and share our favourite stories of the day. I have four plants remaining, One by my aviary the other’s throughout the garden…I don’t let them produce fruit as in the past they supplied me with an overabundant source of little “fur ball” fruits that I don’t eat…AND they grow up to 30 feet in a summer…while my garden is a beautiful I am the master slave that eats the fruits of my labour either into my mind or my body… thanks for asking.